When a natural disaster becomes an unfortunate reality, those affected are widespread:
- Communities where destruction occurred
- Companies that have had loss of property
- Employers, charities, and the community providing support to their employees
- Contractors involved in rebuilding the infrastructure
- Insurers assessing the damage
KPMG LLP (KPMG) tax professionals examine the special tax law provisions that may help taxpayers and businesses recover financially from the impact of a disaster.