Regulatory expectations for risk management standards are increasing across Commercial Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, and Non-Prudentially Regulated Financial Services. To remain in regulatory compliance, firms require more effective, adaptable, and scalable risk management. With deep regulatory expertise, well-established approaches and global reach, KPMG’s Enterprise Risk Governance practice can help firms design and implement a more commercial approach to managing risk.
The Enterprise Risk Governance practice offers the following suite of services across our core solutions of Enterprise Risk Management & 3 Lines of Defense; Operational Risk Management; Governance, Conduct, & Culture; Third Party Risk Management; Front Line Advisory; New Product Lifecycle Risk Management; and Continuous Monitoring & Surveillance:
- Minimum Standards - Helping clients design and implement risk management solutions to meet the needs of regulatory standards
- Risk Management Framework design - Supporting the definition and development of risk management frameworks across major risk disciplines
- Target Operating Model Development – Operationalizing risk management frameworks
- Implementation Assistance - Supporting the deployment of target operating models
- Regulatory Advisory / Safety and Soundness - Providing subject matter advisory to address expected and/or realized safety and soundness / regulatory issues
- Commercial approaches to risk management - Designing and implementing innovative solutions to reduce the cost of risk management for clients by increasing risk management effectiveness
- Electronic Trading Advisory – Electronic trading risk and control management, validation and testing, regulatory compliance, and strategy optimization
- Risk and Control Assessment Convergence - Collapsing multiple risk assessments into an ‘assess once, use many’ framework
- Controls Assurance - Designing and executing a framework to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls across the enterprise
- Continuous Monitoring & Surveillance – Design, implementation and execution of methodologies and procedures for surveillance parameters and threshold optimization
- Root cause analysis and remediation support - Targeted support across the three lines of defense to target and remediate risk management issues within a defined service area
- Process Improvement / Efficiency - Designing and implementing process and technology improvements to resolve operational risk issues, such as robotics or Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities.
- Internal / External Findings Resolution - Remediating significant self-identified, internal audit, or regulatory findings
- Deep Dive Analysis - Designing and implementing frameworks which identify risk management problem areas and remediate them within an organization