Responding quickly to allegations and inquiries is critical
When a company is alerted to a new government or regulatory investigation, or potential litigation, it is under immediate time pressure to determine if there is any merit to the allegations and start developing a defense strategy. The company needs to quickly determine, given the allegations, which employees would have the most knowledge and evidence of the issues raised, and to start speaking with those individuals to understand, for example, the details of the policies, process, activities, and actions the company may have taken related to a particular product, service, business activity, etc.
In advance of these discussions, the company needs to diligently prepare. Preparations and fact-gathering can take a month or longer to sift through high volumes of documents. The longer it takes to develop a thorough picture of activity and corporate actions, the higher the risk to the company, notwithstanding the pressure created in the organization stemming from the allegations.
Accelerated Communications Analysis (ACA)
Our Accelerated Communications Analysis (ACA) helps to inform legal strategy and shape the defense of the company much earlier, allowing prompt decision-making and positioning with a high degree of confidence in knowledge of the facts.
KPMG uncovers the fact patterns and timeline of activity that lay the foundation of the overall results and deliverables including:
- Who? Players and relationships
- What? Details of conduct
- Fact patterns supported by employee documents and communications, sentiment alternation, roundabout style, etc.
- Judgment vs. integrity; aggravating factors; mitigating factors
- When? Timeline of conduct, key dates, and critical deadlines
- Where? Business units, products, brands, geographical location, etc.
- How? Corporate control weaknesses and details of the scheme
- Why? Pressure, intent, opportunity, manipulation, and rationalization
Learn more about our offering and how we help bring speed to insight when analyzing employee communication across multiple platforms by leveraging the experience of our seasoned investigators and the latest Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities.