In the wake or rapid disruption, CEOs are looking to the finance function to take on a considerably broader and deeper set of strategic responsibilities than ever before. Enterprise performance management (EPM) is an enterprise-wide capability enabled by technology that provides the business insight needed to translate strategy into action. It is crucial in planning, assessing, measuring, reporting, and adjusting organizational business models, and businesses with mature EPM capabilities significantly outperform others.
KPMG asked 529 C-suite executives across multiple industries about their experiences with taking steps involved in EPM1. Read the survey flash report to learn:
- 5 fundamental process components that contribute to EPM maturity
- What mature EPM companies are doing to succeed
- What less mature EPM companies are still focusing on
- Technologies impacting EPM strategy
- How to get started on the path to greater EPM maturity