Dynamic shifts in today’s business environment have complicated the controls landscape. New ways of working, geopolitical and economic risks, and speed to digitization and automation have all drastically changed an organization’s approach to managing controls. With all of these pressures forced onto the business at a rapid rate, are businesses still considering the value of controls integration, or is it now a forgotten – but still critical – process?
Join us for the latest installment of our Application Risk webcast series, where professionals from the KPMG GRC Technology Services network will discuss the importance of controls integration and why it is critical now more than ever for organizations to effectively implement controls procedures into their business frameworks.
Specifically, we will discuss the many internal and external pressures that are changing the business, including:
- The complicated business landscape that has shifted traditional methods of controls integration
- The aftermath of M&A activity in recent times
- The growing move to a best-of-breed application model
- The rise of digitization and automation and how they have altered the old approach to controls integration
- Why some businesses may still be struggling with their move to the cloud -- and why others still have not yet made this transition
- An organization’s move to a shared service model and the problems that this type of transition may pose to controls
Along the way, our speakers will present ways to harmonize business processes across applications and discuss when and how to implement controls into business processes. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn about the KPMG Application Security & Controls framework, which provides a cross-application view of cloud application security and controls. This methodology can help industry-leading organizations to effectively balance the divergent tasks of leveraging modern applications to empower business users, while simultaneously protecting sensitive data and transactions.
Read our webcast summary