To help streamline the development process from concept to delivery, organizations have begun a secondary shift in methodology from Agile towards a DevOps model. DevOps, which takes its name from software development and IT operations, is commonly considered a natural evolution of the Agile movement. DevOps practices impact the people, process, and technology associated with the Agile change management process and provides an opportunity to improve the existing change management controls.
A shift towards DevOps impacts the people, process and technology providing an opportunity to improve the existing change management controls.
Join KPMG for a webcast on December 15, where professionals from our Technology Risk, CIO Advisory and Digital Lighthouse service networks will discuss designing an effective controls framework and creative ways to help organizations employ continuous controls monitoring within modern DevOps practices.
Our discussion will include:
- Holistic framework to address risk posed by leveraging DevOps and industry best practices
- Leveraging data and automation capabilities to monitor deviations from the controls and baselines implemented to address the risks
- Establishing a process to put guardrails in place to generate the retrospective reviews, issues, and tracking where possible
- How a controls observability framework can support a risk-based approach to monitoring and control implementation that is supported by data
- Enhancing an organization’s ability to mine its operations data to identify risks and opportunities for enhancements in a more comprehensive manner than the transitional sample-based approach to monitoring and testing