Replay this webcast to hear a discussion on considerations for entities adversely affected by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria and the 2017 wildfires in California. Unfortunately, these storms and fires may have resulted in damages to your facility, causing you to incur additional costs. Disaster may have also interrupted your operations, resulting in lost revenues.
Learn about key considerations for preparing an insurance claim relating to these losses. Our panelists explore the insurance claims process, including: what to expect, who should be involved, duration, common roadblocks, cash advances, and settlements. Topics include:
- assessing the initial loss impact on the business, including identification of crucial systems and assets damaged and the impact on lost earnings
- documentation generally required from insurance carriers in connection with catastrophic property damages and business interruption losses as well as extra expenses incurred
- securing timely progress payments prior to full and final settlement to ease or even eliminate the enormous cash-flow problems companies may face during these trying times
- avoiding submitting incomplete claims due to insufficient cost information
- interacting with adjusters, insurance carriers and their respective internal or external accountants
- planning for responses to future loss events.