How the nexus of talent, skills and leadership is forging the future of IT
Now more than ever, tech leaders have an opportunity to increase their influence and the value that they provide to their organization. To capitalize on this opportunity, a shift in mindset from “doer” of all things technology to an “enabler” will be crucial. Organizations will need to create a flexible IT workforce that can be as nimble and innovative as the technologies that permeate their enterprise. This will require a convergence of traditional business and technical skills and the creation of a new ecosystem of tech talent.
Listeners of this podcast will gain an understanding of:
- The implications of moving from a massive, centralized IT organization with control over everything, to a decentralized, federated model
- How the next-generation CIO must bring a new mind-set and a new skill-set to the position
- The rising roles and the value-add activities that will be expected from the IT organization as automation frees resources for more strategic work
- How to win the war for talent and build workforce flexibility – the ability to scale resources (up or down), as needed
- The five most critical actions that tech leaders should take immediately