Reinvest resources and capital for winning ideas
In this podcast we discuss why IT must deploy a “think like a venture capitalist” investment approach to drive dynamic and continuous funding of technology investments. Replacing MBA-style business case with start-up style business case – where leading indicators can predict quick wins or fast failures –permits leadership to rapidly start, stop, or pause an investment. This allows capital reinvestment in winning technology ideas, products, and services.
Listeners of this podcast will gain an understanding of the relationship between IT, finance, and the business and learn:
- Why the traditional annual budgeting of monolithic IT projects must change
- How dynamic investment enables the frictionless value chain and market speed organization
- The implications of a new organizational environment, oriented toward products as opposed to projects
- The cultural changes that must be present to equip CIOs, CFOs, technologists, and business leaders to work seamlessly on integrated products and solutions
- Five critical actions that organizational leaders must take to shift their operating model to dynamic investment.
Download the podcast transcript.