When you’ve built your company from the ground up, the thought of selling can be daunting. Amidst the pressure of succession planning, getting personal finances in order, and competitive positioning, you need a clear strategy and vision for successfully navigating the sale.
In this podcast, Chrisanne Corbett and Cyrus Lam, both Managing Directors in KPMG Corporate Finance LLC, provide a roadmap for mid-sized business owners as they prepare to sell. Listen in as they discuss:
- the top three things a company should do before they’re ready to sell
- the importance of the role of “story” in preparing for a liquidity event
- how to identify and increase the value of a business
- the timeline of the sell process and what’s involved from opening to closing, and
- what most often surprises business owners about the sale process.