The world has changed dramatically in the last six months. If you look at where the equity market was at the end of 2019 and where we are today, the pace of change is astounding.
From KPMG’s Audit and Advisory practices, John Capone, Matt Giordano, and Mark McKeever, provide an overview of the regulatory developments applicable to registered 1940 Act Funds as a result of COVID-19. They review what fund managers should be thinking about from regulatory, board, and CCO/CIO perspectives.
Topics addressed include:
- SEC actions that provide temporary relief in regulatory reporting
- board and management responsibilities (and options) to ensure regulatory requirements are being met
- financial statement considerations including disclosure and valuation
- why it is important to re-evaluate risk disclosures and ensure they are accurate and robust
- compliance risk and oversight considerations against the heightened stress on fund liquidity needs and performance
- the importance of having strong governance and controls in place to support major changes in policies when communicating with regulators or fund shareholders.
COVID-19: Responding with resilience and readiness