The experience, tools, and views of the internal audit department can be critical to business leaders in meeting COVID-19 challenges. Shruti Shah, Internal Audit partner and Lisa Rawls, Governance, Risk and Compliance partner, highlight practical ideas for internal audit leaders on the execution of their audit plan, how work will be done during the global pandemic, and considerations around managing remote teams.
Topics addressed include:
- rapid identification of risk factors triggered as a result of supply chain or operational changes
- importance of reprioritizing audit plans as business conditions evolve
- considerations for completing audits in a virtual environment
- how remote work impacts team collaboration
- proactive outreach to key business leaders to offer guidance from a third-line-of-defense perspective.