It’s an understatement to say that businesses across industries understand that data is the new gold. Indeed, they’re spending billions of dollars trying to realize value from it, and turn it into their most strategic asset.
While most are struggling to unlock the real power of data, the “digital leaders” are using big business concepts – not technically-oriented levers – to transform their enterprise’s business strategy around data.
During this podcast, Bob Parr, KPMG Advisory’s chief data officer, Matteo Colombo, a principal in KPMG’s data and analytics practice, and Pedro Calado, a director in KPMG’s financial services data practice, sat down with Steve Bates to discuss:
- Why enterprises are moving from a defensive to an aggressive posture on how they use data
- The multiple gains digital leaders are realizing from data – including top- and bottom-line growth, operational efficiency, employee retention, and generation of lifetime value from their employees and customers
- The four data principles that digital leaders embrace:
- clarifying data accountability across the enterprise
- embedding data fluency across the enterprise
- moving data curation into the business as a core competency
- reimagining a frictionless data supply chain.