It doesn’t matter if your company was performing very well two months ago; COVID-19 has brought a new reality. While dealing with the pandemic fallout, it is important to know options for alternative sources of funding to get through near-term challenges so that you can know long-term success.
From our Corporate Finance group, Mike Rudolph, Ford Phillips and Keith Updike, discuss those alternative sources, along with the need for proactive outreach and transparency in everything – with your employees, lenders, bond holders, customers, and landlords – because nobody likes surprises.
Topics addressed include:
- available options to bolster your cash position
- details of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act which provides relief from the economic impact of COVID-19 to a variety of sectors
- why a distressed environment can involve special situations investors and accelerate the M&A process
- the importance of scenario planning in uncertain times
- how to position yourself to match capital providers that legitimately have money to lend
- the need for management to be supported by extra operational, legal and financial resources
- the encouraging history lesson of coming out stronger on the other side of prior distressed cycles.