As companies evaluate the impact of COVID-19 on their business, assessing capital structure and cash on hand are good places to start. Mike Rudolph from our Corporate Finance practice and Tom Bibby, from our Deal Advisory practice, discuss funding options - because cash is king - as well as cost considerations…and find the silver-lining in conducting work while quarantined in tight quarters at home.
Topics addressed include:
- the importance of proactive outreach to capital providers– banks, credit funds, private equity firms
- why cash impact takes precedence over P&L in these unprecedented times
- what follows the easy cost reductions of travel and entertainment
- the importance of keeping an open dialog and consistent messaging with everyone – all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and capital providers
- how to avoid the common pitfall of overly optimistic projections
- the importance of planning and understanding how covenants and liquidity may be impacted by various scenarios.