KPMG LLP is pleased to announce our sponsorship and speaking engagements at the upcoming SAPInsider Conference by Wellesley Information Services, which will be taking place on July 19–21, 2022 at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
View the full conference agenda here and be sure to attend our speaking sessions and stop by our booth for more information on the latest trends and insights in security and controls.
KPMG conference speaking sessions
Panel Discussion: Successfully Managing Risk While Traversing Your S/4HANA Roadmap
Date and time: 7/19/22, 12:10 PM-12:50 PM
This session draws on real-world project experience and provides leading practices for securing your SAP S/4HANA solutions for GRC, Security, and GDPR to properly maintain and derive optimal value from your new or recently enhanced SAP environment.
Join this session to gain:
- Understanding that others are/or have faced many of the same challenges as others undergoing an S4 Transformation.
- For those that haven't started their programs, possible insights into aspects they should consider moving forward with their own programs.
- Answers to similar challenging questions they have or are currently facing.
Track: Controls & Risks
- Dara O'Hanlon, Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
- Erin Van Tien, Manager 1ADM Risk & Controls, Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- Wendy Lien, Central Risk and Controls, Google
- John Drahus, Manager, SAP Security and Control, Ecovyst, Inc.
The Future of Digital Risk Management
Date and time: 7/20/22, 10:30 AM-11:10 AM
Now more than ever, technology advancements are driving business transformations, at a record pace. Business models are evolving rapidly, pressuring organizations to invest in digital assets to innovate and stay competitive. Yet many organizations are still using traditional methods for managing risk and for monitoring the effectiveness of their risk management programs. Attend this session to gain insight into the future of digital risk management through process mining and advanced analytics.
Attend this session to:
- Gain an understanding of how process mining and advanced analytics are shaping the future of risk management
- Lean how to integrate process mining and analytical solutions to enhance governance, risk, and control programs
- Identify how process mining can enable the risk and compliance function in your organization
- Attendees will take home use cases for implementing process mining technologies along with an understanding of risk and compliance considerations when moving towards automation
Track: Controls & Risks
- Jeff VerSteeg, Managing Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
- Chris Pearson, Manager, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
Impact 20: SAP S/4HANA Security from the Start
Date and time: 7/20/22, 1:30 PM-1:50 PM
Companies typically utilize SAP to run their mission critical business processes. A security breach could lead to loss of financial, reputational, and critical business data. Join us to learn how to include SAP cybersecurity elements in your S4/HANA journey from the start.
Attend this session to:
- Gain an understanding of secure-by-design concept and how to implement security during your S/4HANA journey
- Learn the challenges that arise in S/4HANA transformation journey understand the shifting security landscape and plan towards a Target Security Operating Model (TSOM)
- Introducing steps for developing a cyber risk management process along with an understanding of risk and compliance considerations when moving towards automation
Track: Core SAP Security & Maintenance
- Joe Franczkowski, Managing Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
- Jim Hoover, Managing Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
- Charlie Singh, Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
Impact 20: Internal Controls for an S/4HANA Technical Upgrade
Date and time: 7/20/22, 2:30 PM-2:50 PM
With the end-of-life approaching for older SAP ECC environments, organizations are challenged to decide between engaging in a transformational journey and implement SAP S/4 HANA or a short term approach to perform a “technical upgrade” / brownfield implementation. However, some of these technical upgrades, while considered purely technical, introduce new risks and control challenges that must be managed during the implementation and beyond. Join us to hear how to prepare for being SOX compliant during a brownfield or technical upgrade along with lessons learned from companies that have addressed these challenges head-on.
Attend this session to learn:
- How other companies have decided to take on a S/4 HANA brownfield or technical implementations?
- What are key things other companies have included in their projects to address security and control considerations during their transformation journeys?
- What are the potential impacts the S/4 HANA transformation might have on their risk and control portfolios?
- What are some key lessons learned and things to watch out for as you plan your own S/4 transformation?
Track: Security & Access Controls
- Kasturi Maitra, Director, GRC Technology Services, KPMG LLP
Key Elements Your Auditor will Inspect in Your SAP S/4HANA Implementation
Date and time: 7/19/22, 11:00 AM-11:50 AM
This session will review the key elements of controls integration in your SAP S/4HANA implementation, including the areas of business process internal controls, general IT controls, and key program development controls. These are the major items that your internal/external auditor will review.
In this session, you will learn the following:
- How to talk through a draft project plan and the level of effort required to cover these controls
- What major items your internal/external auditor will review
Program: SAP S/4HANA
Track: Deployment Decisions & Project Planning
- Brandon Bloodworth, Managing Director and Audit ERP SE Leader, KPMG LLP
Planning to attend?
If you plan to attend but haven’t yet registered, we’re pleased to offer you a discount code on tickets, priced at a $1,799 ($3,299) value.
- Register here
- Upon checkout, enter the discount code: KPMGVIP
SAPinsider 2022 is home to six distinctive events that bring together under one roof an SAP community of more than 2,500 users, experts, and partners. Each program is designed with a comprehensive agenda, expert speakers, and actionable case studies to help you master SAP, build on lessons learned, and prepare for new opportunities.
Hear the latest trends about the following:
- Cyber Security
- Data Analytics
- SAP S/4HANA
- Cloud and Platform
Learn from peer case study presentations, hands-on labs, workshops, roundtables, solution previews, and more. Click here to discover more about the conference.