Dipan is a Principal in KPMG’s Advisory Services practice and leads the US Procurement Advisory Practice. He has more than 20 years of industry and management consulting experience and has helped 35+ organizations develop corporate strategies and undertake complex Procurement and Supply Chain Optimization initiatives. Key experiences include:
Dipan has substantial experience leading and coordinating Supply Chain Advisory engagements across several industries, with on Procurement Transformation and Technology Enablement. He has served as the project lead across numerous engagements and has also provided subject matter knowledge and guidance to clients with respect to various supply chain optimization strategies. Key experiences include:
— Program Lead for a Global Procurement Transformation Effort enabling the Coupa platform enabling 20,000 employees and $1.1B in spend:
– Spend Analytics Governance: Define the target state governance model and data flows to optimize global spend analysis capabilities
– Global P2P Assessment and Requirements Definition: Assessed the current state P2P practices across NA, LATAM, EMEA, and APAC and developed maturity assessment, recommendations, business case, and roadmap for P2P transformation. Defined the P2P requirements for tool selection and assisted in provider evaluation and selection
– Vendor Master Data Management Governance: Developed global governance model for vendor master data with functional requirements definition, processes, organization structure, and metrics and targets
– Global Process and Organizational Design: Defining globally consistent procure to pay processes and supporting organizational model to manage the indirect purchasing function in target state
— Program Lead for Procurement Transformation effort which led client through a P2P Assessment, Sourcing Wave Definition, Operating Model Design, Spend Ownership Definition, and execution of Strategic Sourcing activities
— Led Organization Target Operating Model development project which consisted of: current state organization evaluation, target state model definition with accompanying role definition. Further developed the Competency Framework, Career Paths, and Performance framework for the new organization
— Led Coupa implementation efforts for a global retailer and a packaging manufacturer which included functional design, configuration, change management and deployment
— Led SAP Sourcing implementation (eSourcing and Contract Lifecycle Management) from process definition, requirements gathering, blueprint documentation and through implementation
— Managed multiple projects for a global packaging manufacturer which included the following work efforts:
– Source and Buy Optimization: Defined current state source and buy operating model through detailed spend and contract compliance analysis, and developed a business case to support eProcurement and Buy Desk implementation
– AP Optimization: Designed and implemented optimized AP processes to drive adherence to policies, increase automation, and drive working capital optimization.
– Organization Design: Designed North American Shared Services Organization for Accounts Payable and Global Indirect Strategic Sourcing Organization with defined roles and responsibilities
— Program Manager for large scale multi-year procurement transformation effort including work efforts in the following work streams:
– Materials Management: Designed optimal Demand Planning, Material Strategy, and Excess/Obsolescence inventory management processes. Designed and implemented technologies to enable Planning, Fulfillment, and Receive/Issue processes to manage the function ($4.4M Savings Year 1)
– Master Data Management: Developed the process and data governance model around managing the material master data to help maintain its integrity on an on-going basis and improve data consistency, standardization, ease of use/accessibility, and accuracy. Design included evaluation and selection of a third party tool to assist in managing data accuracy long term
– Strategic Sourcing Execution: Defined a three wave multi-year sourcing program to execute 20+ sourcing categories and deliver tangible benefits to the business. Defined and develop a standardized sourcing process with key tools and templates and execute sourcing events through negotiations for all Wave 1 categories to date ($9.1M Savings Wave 1)
– Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management: Designed a category management framework for the organization and define a category construct and organizational design. Integrated category management activities to the supplier relationship management operating model which defines the supplier classification and requirement based on spend, uniqueness, criticality to the business, and ease of replacement.
– Procure to Pay: Defined the optimal procure to pay processes to maximize compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of transactional processing. Defined the requisition, purchase order, receipt and payment processes as they relate to PeopleSoft 9.1 standard functionality with a focus on minimizing customizations
– Change Management: Provided integrated change management to ensure organizational stakeholders are kept informed of upcoming changes and have a voice in designing the future state. Defined the stakeholder engagement avenues, change and role impacts, communication plans, and training strategies
— Managed multiple work streams as part of a broad multi-year procurement transformation including:
– Strategic Sourcing: Wave 2 and 3 direct materials and services sourcing efforts which executed the category sourcing process across 10+ categories including: ROW Maintenance, Land Survey, Vacuum, Temporary Staffing, Technical Staffing, Equipment Rental, MRO Industrial and Electrical
– Source-to-Contract Enterprise Blueprint: Developed future state process across three business units and led the implementation of the SAP Sourcing solution (e-Sourcing and Contract Lifecycle Management) through go-live.
– Supplier Pre-Qualification: Developed common process across three business units to manage supplier pre-qualification through third party service provider and managed implementation through go-live for initial two business units
— Managed the direct sourcing program for 1200+ components for the Airbus A400M airplane cargo system across the following categories: Machined Parts, Hardware, Processing Services, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel. Developed the sourcing and procurement strategy for the program and created the tools and templates to help support large scale product and services sourcing
— Conducted a procure-to-pay (P2P) process assessment to identify process optimization opportunities and led the implementation efforts to recognize ~$17M in working capital improvement initiatives. Redesigned the relevant P2P processes across the organization, implemented a robust metrics management process to standardize targets and metrics gathering across multiple sites, and designed shared services strategy and organization model
— Developed the spend categorization and spend analysis for a multi-billion dollar non-profit focused on public sector research and development. Developed the strategic sourcing process with tools and templates to conduct sourcing activities, defined the three year sourcing roadmap, managed the sourcing of the temporary labor category, and assisted in developing contracting strategies
— Managed the development of a global sourcing functional and IT strategy for a $40B U.S. retailer and network of three existing international procurement offices. Defined the future-state process and requirements, facilitated the bid process for software selection, and led the project team through implementation.
— Led software integration and process optimization projects for a global consumer electronics and an apparel retailer to integrate best-of-breed software solutions to support product development, global sourcing/bidding, and procurement functions
— Coordinated logistics and distribution optimization component of a major customer service turnaround effort to achieve 98.5% fill rate and 95% on-time delivery for U.S. operations within 30 days (from 90% and 82%, respectively).
— Conducted an assessment for a 3PL warehouse implementation to evaluate transition process and provide transition improvement recommendations. Developed key contractual clauses, defined recommendations on current planning and execution efforts, revised business and technical implementation project plans, and implemented metrics reporting and scorecarding process.
— Implemented a robust monthly S&OP process which helped to define the monthly demand forecasting process and integration points to the supply organization. Implementation included development of key reports, templates and metrics required to balance ongoing supply/demand challenges, and included definition of key roles and responsibilities to manage the process.
— Managed import operations for major apparel retailer and subsidiaries. Responsible for managing Customs Compliance, supply chain security initiatives, import brokerage operations, factory monitoring and social responsibility initiatives and for developing organizational processes to support growing operations
— Coupa Inspire Keynote Speaker: Spoke with client (Greif, Inc.) on driving business case savings
— Spend Matters Webinar: The Seven Deadly Barriers of a Successful Procurement Business Case
— APQC Conference Speaker: ‘You Have Negotiated a Great Contract, Now What?’
— PEX (Procurement Excellence) Network Interview: Interviewed for podcast after APQC speaking engagement on CLM
— Approaching the New ‘10+2’ Global Trade Security Regulations, American Journal of Transportation
— Speaker: Logistics Quarterly, North American Leadership in Logistics Symposium
— Eight Companies Beat Logistics Heat, Manufacturing Business Technology
— Fisher College of Business (The Ohio State University) Alumni Board Member since 2002: Member of Recruiting Committee, MBA mentor, Case Competition Judge, Speaker at the Fisher College