- Client challenge
- Benefits to client
- KPMG insights
This well-established national bank grew rapidly as the result of an aggressive mergers and acquisitions (M&A) strategy. Melding different bank organizations into one can lead to disparate business units and inefficient processes such as time-consuming manual processes, a lack of consistently accurate data affecting reporting and analytics, and an incongruent organizational structure. These challenges most certainly affected its employees’ experience at work, which is a vital part of any organization’s ability to thrive. By putting its people at the center of its organization, the bank would be better poised to attract and retain new talent, deliver a superior customer experience, and continue to grow in the highly competitive financial services arena.
To enact a holistic strategy to achieve excellent employee experiences and enable employees to do their best work, our client needed to bring everyone under the same umbrella. Deciding to move its Human Resources (HR) operations to the cloud, the bank knew that all of its 85,000 employees would be affected, and that their expectations, experiences, and satisfaction would ultimately determine the project’s success.
Benefits to client
With the help of KPMG, the bank’s HR organization smoothly executed a significant technology implementation without disruption, while resetting operating practices at the advanced edge of financial services. Specific benefits include:
- strong Week One endorsement from bank employees: 260,000 sign-ons; 20,000 manager-/employee-initiated transactions; 7,000 new job requisitions
- an employee-centric HR operations model, emphasizing automation and standardized processes across all business lines and national markets
- fully digitized and automated employee self-service for all 85,000 bank employees, with features matched to consumer-level expectations, such as vacation requests enabled from mobile devices
- enhanced data accuracy, controls, reporting, and analytics
- increased resourcing flexibility for the HR organization, based upon a modernized shared-services model.
Asked to configure a Workday solution to meet the bank’s needs, KPMG shaped the project around extensive employee input from the get-go. And bank employees have measurably embraced the new system, assuring its long-term success. KPMG:
- configured Workday’s Human Capital Management cloud solution to the bank’s organizational structure, business processes, and regulatory requirements
- designed and conducted an innovative series of user-experience workshops—including the development of target-user-group “personas”—to identify current-state HR process and design target-state employee experiences
- used the preconfigured components of KPMG Powered Enterprise—tested roadmaps, technology accelerators, and next-generation delivery methods—to implement the migration to Workday
- developed Workday training curriculum for bank employees for six months prior to the go-live date, supplemented by knowledge transfer, use of WalkMe’s software-as-a-service digital-adoption platform, and post-go-live guidance and support.
Clients want deep experience with their chosen technology solutions
KPMG uses alliances with providers like Workday to help them quickly leverage their technology investments, including the delivery of industry-specific insight. Our 12-year technology alliance with Workday includes more than 250 implementations globally.
Technology and processes are as strong as the people and organizations that use them
Our strengths in change management help clients anticipate and respond to the predictable impacts that major technology and process change have on behavior and culture, in order to assure successful adoption.
Employees are consumers, too
Leading organizations understand that employee expectations for ease and functionality in self-service are conditioned by their experiences as consumers outside the workplace. We bring a consumer-informed, end-user focus to process and technology change assignment, including benchmarked data from thousands of organizations.
Visionary clients want to get there quickly
The Powered Enterprise approach is explicitly designed to generate accelerated results, by distilling our experience and insight into prebuilt components that let clients leapfrog generic challenges and focus on the nuances of their business case.