- Client challenge
- Benefits to client
- Why KPMG
Healthcare Services Group was built through strategic action, processes, and staying on top of details. The company delivers support services such as dining, nutrition, laundry, and housekeeping to over 3,500 healthcare facilities throughout the U.S. In a business subject to continuous change, and while focusing on local costs, a robust finance solution is a key part of the company’s growth story.
Healthcare Services Group wanted to upgrade its finance operations to leading-practice levels, and we responded by combining our KPMG Powered Enterprise approach with Workday cloud technology. Finance users gained new tools to view detailed billing, payments, and contract activities that help keep the company running smoothly.
We utlilized our KPMG Powered Enterprise framework to transition our client to the Workday Financial Management cloud solution:
- configured Workday’s capabilities to Healthcare Service Group’s business requirements, drawing upon specialized near-shore design and testing resources such as KPMG’s Denver Ignition Center
- standardized, streamlined, and automated legacy business processes for accounting, banking and settlement, business assets, customer accounts, supplier accounts, and procurement solutions
- established consistent protocols for data entry and aggregation to support real-time reporting via dashboard access
- used the KPMG Powered Enterprise next-generation delivery methods to migrate the finance organization to Workday, supported by skills development, knowledge transfer, and post-go-live support.
Benefits to client
KPMG helped Healthcare Services Group develop leading practice standards and its leadership access the big picture financial insight it needs to drive future growth and success:
- standardized, streamlined, and automated business processes in place, supported by a single Workday Financial Management cloud platform
- configurable dashboard reporting enabled, with user-friendly navigation for more than 2,000 users, to provide financial visibility and insight at the facility, regional, and enterprise level
- real-time P&L access now available to district managers to support variance insight and decision making
- cycle times significantly reduced for processes such as ACH settlements and receivables billing, in some cases to 30 minutes, from previous multiday overnight cycles.
Clients appreciate valuable alliances and tested solutions
KPMG draws upon a 12-year technology alliance with Workday that includes more than 250 implementations all over the world. We know the company, its cloud platform, and its component Financial Management solutions very well.
Organizations set on change want fast results
Project frameworks like KPMG Powered Enterprise let clients leapfrog generic challenges and quickly get to tangible results. KPE distills our project design and implementation experience into prebuilt components that lets us deliver immediate insight and impact.
Leading finance organizations want to learn from their peers
We speak all dialects of finance operations, drawing upon cross-industry familiarity with advanced practice in specialized areas such as customer or supplier accounts, banking and settlements, and procurement.
We know cloud ERP
We offer ERP solutions suited to any level of technology or process maturity and help clients anticipate and manage the predictable impact of major change on behavior and culture.