The 2022 edition of the KPMG annual illustrative financial statements for hedge funds and private equity funds is now available. The illustrative financial statements are designed to assist you in your year-end planning process, offering a wide-ranging guidebook of sample U.S. GAAP financial statements for private funds and includes examples for domestic, offshore, master/feeder, and fund of funds structures.
Enhancements to the 2022 edition include:
- Inclusion of digital assets as an asset class with the statements, as well as related disclosures
- Update to Recently issued accounting standards footnote for disclosures pertaining to ASU 2022-03
- Example disclosures for significant risks and uncertainties that may be considered based on facts and circumstances of the Fund
Illustrative financial statements: Hedge funds 2022
Both guides include examples of:
- Statement of assets and liabilities
- Condensed schedule of investments
- Statement of operations
- Statement of changes in partners’ capital/net assets
- Statement of cash flows
- Notes to the financial statements.