Large bank resolutions. FRB and FDIC released a joint ANPR for $250-$750 billion large bank resolutions.
Records retention. SEC finalized electronic recordkeeping rules that “modernize” requirements for broker-dealers, security-based swap dealers and major security-based swap participants.
Financial crimes. OFAC and FinCEN announced individual but related settlements with a virtual currency exchange for “apparent” sanctions violations and violations of BSA/AML and SAR reporting requirements. This is OFAC’s largest virtual currency enforcement to date and the first OFAC/FinCEN parallel enforcement action related to virtual currencies.
Beneficial ownership. FinCEN states that it intends to issue its Access Rule proposal, the second of three beneficial ownership rules, “in the near term.” (See related KPMG Regulatory Alert, here.)
Climate risks. FSB final report on regulatory and supervisory approaches to climate-related risks plus two reports status reports on climate-related disclosures.
AI risks. Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights issued by the White House highlighting five principles: safe and effective systems; algorithmic discrimination protections; data privacy; notice and explanation; human consideration, alternatives, and fallback. (See related KPMG Regulatory Insights POV, here.)
|Financial services regulatory news|
|Financial services policy news|
Industry news headlines
(Some links may require subscription)
- Why Fintechs Should Care About the CFPB (Bloomberg)
- Buy Now, Pay Later’ Is Still a Credit-Score Blind Spot (WSJ)
- Fed's Barr says banks should be cautious with crypto partners (American Banker)
- CFTC Chair: Don't expect crypto tech to be a 'free pass' from regulation (The Block)
- Fed Minutes Show Concerns of More Persistent High Inflation (WSJ)
- SEC scrutiny into Wall Street communications shifts to investment funds - sources (Reuters)
- US-Euro Real-Time Payments Launch Expected Before Year-End (PYMNTS)
- Banks reportedly consider leaving climate alliance (Banking Dive)