In this mini-roundtable discussion with Risk & Compliance magazine, KPMG leaders discuss operational resilience and evolving compliance risks as they relate to the financial services (FS) sector. Topics discussed include:
- The importance of effectively and proactively managing operational resilience risks
- How COVID-19 affected the FS industry and the additional governance and oversight challenges the crisis created
- To what extent regulators are increasing their focus on how FS firms approach operational resilience
- Recent regulatory rules or guidance on operational resilience
- Strategies FS firms can deploy to help them identify operational resilience risks and test their impact tolerance
- The importance of scenario testing to manage risk related to third parties
- Essential advice for FS firms on improving their operational resilience processes.