Five things TMT executives need to know
Our recent report, A triple threat across the Americas highlighted the overlapping fraud, non-compliance, and cyber attack challenges that confront businesses across all sectors today. This follow-up piece reviews the dangers facing telecoms, media & entertainment, and technology (TMT) companies, and outlines five things that sector executives need to know:
- TMT companies face predictable fraud challenges related to their heavy use of information and communication technology but need to remember other vulnerabilities too.
- The sector’s confidence in its anti-fraud policies may be misplaced.
- TMT leaders would be well served to remember the reputational risks of non-compliance and due diligence when making investment decisions.
- Sector cyber-defenses seem insufficient in the face of a growing, and increasingly diverse, challenge.
- TMT actively addressed the cyber-risks of working from home, but most executives are now concerned about the ongoing challenges of hybrid working.