Five things industrial manufacturing executives need to know
Our recent report, A triple threat across the Americas highlighted the overlapping fraud, non-compliance, and cyber attack challenges that confront businesses across all sectors today. This follow-up piece reviews the dangers facing industrial manufacturing companies, and outlines five things that sector executives need to know:
- A majority of industrial manufacturing companies experienced fraud in the last year, and their defenses are the weakest for any sector analysed in our survey.
- Industrial manufacturing firms may not appreciate the substantial fraud risk they face from company insiders.
- Protecting intellectual assets and information technology systems are the most pressing anti-fraud priorities for the sector.
- Less ready than peers for an expected compliance storm.
- Relatively weak cyber-security has seen further challenges as a result of greater remote working.