How are chief compliance officers (CCO) navigating the regulatory intensity challenges associated with expanded regulatory issuances, supervision, exams, inspections, and enforcements? KPMG hosts leading-company, cross-industry CCOs to discuss these risk areas and provide their unique perspectives to address them.
Almost regardless of industry, there is consensus around the level of high regulatory volume and scrutiny and the importance for both established “routines” and enhanced internal communication. 2023 is expected to bring higher levels of supervision and enforcement.
Emerging Compliance Risks, including:
- Resource-constrained environment
- Digital device monitoring
- Divergent data privacy regulatory impact
- Sanctions compliance
- Heightened ESG-related regulatory actions
- Compliance behavior incentives