The sharing economy extends to freight transportation
Global disruption has heightened the need for supply chains that can serve multiple channels and customer segments with flexibility and speed. Fortunately, new technologies and business models built for asset sharing can enable freight transportation to meet this new challenge. Asset-sharing mobile platforms commonly used in the consumer world are evolving to extend into the commercial sector.
Read the report below to learn how companies can achieve better flexibility and visibility at a lower cost through asset-light digital freight networks.
Subscribe to Real Insights for Operations to receive the latest KPMG supply chain and operations news, research and analysis to help you innovate and drive business growth.
Build a resilient, cost-effective supply chain
We recognize that during these times, business leaders need more than solutions – they need reliable partners. Our global network of logistics and technology professionals can help you capitalize on asset-light and digital freight network opportunities and integrate them into your supply chain operating model.
- Assess and scope opportunities to improve supply chain performance using digital freight platforms
- Identify and implement logistics network changes to reduce asset intensity and enhance utilization
- Design technology roadmap, architecture and implement “as a service” platforms, including digital freight
In addition, with more than 2,000 supply chain management professionals worldwide, we can help you address the following issues and more to minimize expenses and risk, enhance returns on investment, drive operational efficiencies and boost your brand with customers.
- Supply chain crisis response planning
- Rapid supply and demand risk diagnostics
- Supply chain strategy and analytics
- Inventory logistics and distribution
For more information, please visit us at Supply chain and operations.