View Key Findings infographic
Real estate data strategy – Better data, better decisions
Phil Marra, U.S. Real Estate Funds leader for KPMG LLP, discusses why real estate companies should prioritize a data management program.
Enterprise Data Strategy – 3 critical components
Rob Wentz, Managing Director of Data & Analytics for KPMG LLP, discusses the three critical components of a successful data strategy.
Key findings from the survey
- The KPMG Real Estate Data Strategy Survey, a follow-up to the 2019 KPMG Global PropTech Survey, found that 57 percent of respondents said they have a coordinated strategy.
- Only 28% of respondents said they are using data with an objective of improving tenant experience. We believe that customer satisfaction is an underestimated value builder that real estate owners and operators need to prioritize.
- 75% of respondents cited Excel as a primary analytical tool. Yet, 69% admitted to being too reliant on Excel.
- Among respondents, 30% said they outsource some aspect of data management to a third party.
- 39% said they store and access data via a centralized data repository. For larger companies, it was 60%.
- Due to remote working/COVID-19, 34% indicated their plans for data strategy implementation have been accelerated.
*Larger companies have assets under management of US $5 billion.
Rapid Data Strategy Assessment
Where are you in your data strategy journey?
Take this quick assessment to see how your real estate organization scores.