Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) awards federal funding to state and local governments to help guide a major disaster response. To receive funding, recipients are bound by complex rules and procedures to help ensure that projects that go through the grants program comply with FEMA PA requirements.
Successfully navigating the funding requirements can be challenging. Put simply, understaffed state and local governments were not built with fulfilling FEMA PA processes in mind. Reviews and validations are frequently tracked in inefficient manners, often resulting in incomplete or inaccurate outputs and processes that delay FEMA PA reimbursement. Worse yet, end users are often in the dark as to what’s causing the delay.
What can bring speed and clarity to FEMA reimbursement is an automated validation process. KPMG offers just that – a tested workflow tool that allows state and local governments to efficiently comply with FEMA requirements, leading to timely reimbursement.
In short, the KPMG solution provides trust, visibility, and automation to disaster recovery programs.
- Detailed visibility – into funding management activities
- Reporting capability – for portfolio and grants programs across participants
- Transparent communication – across multiple, disparate parties
- Immutable – auditable record of accurate and consistent transactions
- Real-time analytics – to provide insight into the allocation and usage of funds