- SBA simplified the loan forgiveness application process for PPP loans of $50,000 or less.
- Continued regulatory enforcement in enterprise risk management.
- DOJ publishes first Cryptocurrency Enforcement Framework.
- Attention to “vulnerable” customers, seen in FINRA rules for senior investors and CFPB guides for Children’s Savings Account programs.
Financial services regulatory and policy news
- Announced an enforcement action against a U.S. BHC related to enterprise risk management denoting areas of compliance risk management, data quality management, and internal controls; OCC assessed a related penalty against the bank
- Updated information on its emergency lending facilities:
- Released the periodic update on outstanding lending facilities
- Updated FAQs about the Municipal Liquidity Facility and announced a deadline for submitting a notice of interest in that facility
- Announced a competitive procurement process for key vendor roles
- Announced the 2020 Census of Finance Companies and Other Lenders
- Released a report on U.S. credit market interconnectedness and the effects of COVID-19
- Adopted a comprehensive regulatory framework for fund of funds arrangements
- Proposed a limited, conditional exemption from broker registration requirements for ‘finders’ assisting small business issuers with raising capital
- Testified about the work of Office of Minority and Women Inclusion to promote diversity and inclusion
- Adopted amendments to reporting requirements for commodity pool operators under Form CPO-PQR and signed an MOU with the Office of Financial Research (OFR) to allow sharing of information reported on that form
- Proposed amendments to “holds” under its Financial Exploitation of Specified Adults rule
- Released “Cryptocurrency: An Enforcement Framework,” highlighting related federal enforcement priorities
- U.S. Treasury and SBA:
- Published an op-ed on environmental sustainability
- Announced the winners of TechSprint, a competition to highlight the potential of technology for regulators
- Published a progress report on the G20 Data Gaps Initiative, covering risk monitoring, vulnerabilities and interconnections, and data sharing
- JPMorgan unveils $30 billion push to bridge racial wealth gap
- Morgan Stanley to buy Eaton Vance for $7 billion
- How COVID-19 reignited AI and automation in banking and financial services
- How lenders aim to profit from climate change
- Banks are permitted to hold crypto assets. Will they?
- PPP money abounded-but some got it faster than others
Get the latest thinking from KPMG
Quick hitting summaries of specific regulatory developments and their impact on financial services firms.
Points of View
Insights and analyses of emerging regulatory issues impacting financial services firms.