- OCC published its FY 2021 Banking Supervision Operating Plan, highlighting a focus on ten key areas including:
- credit risk management (including concentrations and allowances)
- cybersecurity and operational resilience
- BSA/AML compliance management
- Compliance risk management with pandemic-related bank activities.
- Agencies extend temporary measures to continue limited regulatory relief, including rules related to real estate appraisals, regulatory capital, dividend distributions, and intraday credit.
- CFPB, FTC, and federal and state law enforcement authorities announced a joint enforcement initiative, Operation Corrupt Collector, targeting potential abusive debt collection practices.
Financial services regulatory and policy news
- Federal banking agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC):
- Issued final rules extending interim final rules impacting 1) deferred appraisal and evaluation requirements for certain real estate purchases, and 2) regulatory capital and liquidity effects for banks participating in the MMLF and PPPLF
- Proposed updates to its capital plan and stress testing requirements to conform to the agency’s tailoring framework
- Extended, for one quarter, the limitations on share buybacks and dividend distributions for certain banks
- Extended, through March 2021, temporary actions to increase intraday credit at the Federal Reserve Banks
- Released its Survey of Consumer Finances for the period 2016-2019 and supplementary reports on wealth and income concentration and wealth disparities
- Amended, slightly, the implementation date for changes to Reserve Bank payment services and the Policy on Payment Systems Risk
- U.S. Treasury:
- Published an op-ed calling on banks to be held accountable to stop money laundering
- Announced the global governing body for the legal entity identifiers used to track OTC derivatives transactions
Get the latest thinking from KPMG
Quick hitting summaries of specific regulatory developments and their impact on financial services firms.
Points of View
Insights and analyses of emerging regulatory issues impacting financial services firms.