- CFTC Chair and SEC Enforcement Director announced resignations.
- CFTC finalized rules impacting margin requirements, swap execution facilities, and electronic trading risk and bankruptcy provisions.
- CFPB finalized rules related to Qualified Mortgage Loans, including General QMs and a new category for Seasoned QMs.
- FinCEN issued new guidance on information sharing among financial institutions related to suspicious activity; the guidance permits the sharing of personally identifiable information without limitation.
Financial services regulatory and policy news
- Federal banking agencies (FRB, OCC, FDIC):
- Released guidance on the internal appeals process for material supervisory determinations
- Announced annual indexing of the reserve requirement exemption amount and the low reserve tranche
- Released its periodic report on lending facilities (PDCF, MMLF, CPFF, PPPLF)
- Released an economic research paper titled “Across the universe: Policy support for employment and revenue in the pandemic recession”
- Finalized two rules related to Qualified Mortgage Loans, including a General QM and a Seasoned QM
- Announced its Division of Enforcement Director will step down at the end of the year
- Published an expanded suite of data and analyses of private fund statistics
- Adopted rules to modernize key market infrastructure responsible for collecting, consolidating, and disseminating equity market data; released associated statement
- Announced its chairman will resign early next year
- Announced further Brexit-related relief to provide market certainty
- House Financial Services Committee:
- Issued recommendations on areas where the incoming Administration might reverse the actions of the current Administration
- Released updated guidance clarifying permissible information sharing between financial institutions under the USA PATRIOT Act
- Released a blog post offering tips on recognizing and avoiding COVID-19 vaccine-related scams
- Extended COVID-related loan flexibilities through January
- Released its Quarterly Review reporting, highlighted by vaccine news spurring valuations and eclipsing the uncertain outlook
- Published results of its latest Basel III monitoring exercise
- Announced virtual workshops on the implications of climate change for financial stability and the March market turmoil
- Discussed financial market developments and enhancing cross-border payments
- Provided a summary of outreach and Q&A about continuity of access to FMIs for firms in resolution
- Launched prequalification process for potential cash investment management services for CPFF
Get the latest thinking from KPMG
Quick hitting summaries of specific regulatory developments and their impact on financial services firms.
Points of View
Insights and analyses of emerging regulatory issues impacting financial services firms.