KPMG was named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Analysis of Americas Business Consulting Services 2020 Vendor Assessment. The quantitative and qualitative assessment is based on a comprehensive framework and set of parameters expected to be most conducive to success in providing business consulting services in both the short- and long-term.
The assessment stated that KPMG has a particular strategic focus to help clients find innovative, technology-driven, industry-tailored solutions, and that KPMG professionals are committed to helping clients innovate and transform their organizations—from improving performance to optimizing risk and from restructuring operations to seizing new growth opportunities.
Characteristics the assessment of KPMG specifically cited include:
- establishing strategies to change, grow, adapt, shape, and respond to disruptive forces
- turning their technology vision into reality
- optimizing their operations and streamlining support functions
- transforming risk into a strategic advantage
- embedding governance, risk, and compliance throughout their organization, supply chain, and business ecosystems
- mitigating threats to their operations, IT systems, and business.
The IDC MarketScape also called out:
- KPMG Connected Enterprise, which enables clients to rebuild their business around their customers to create a borderless organization, where people and technology interact for new levels of productivity and value creation
- KPMG Powered Enterprise, which empowers clients to create a nimble, scalable business, and to harness the latest technologies, leading business practices, and tested solutions for a smarter, faster path to the right operating model
- KPMG’s risk optimization capabilities, wherein clients can proactively manage risk and regulation, from compliance and operationalization to the transformation cycle, building confidence and inspiring stakeholder trust.
In the Americas, buyers interviewed for the assessment say that KPMG is highly skilled at helping clients increase productivity. In addition, KPMG is seen to excel at providing functional and industry insights and competence and helping clients improve talent performance, retention, and engagement.
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor assessment model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.