The impact of COVID-19 is being seen across the global economy. Times are tough and all businesses are dealing with its effects in different ways. But organizations that take careful measures now position themselves to be resilient in the future.
Companies must think and act as one taking a holistic view of costs across the front office functions of marketing, sales and customer service. In this paper we outline some considerations and measures organizations can take to effectively rationalize costs during and after COVID-19—balancing the need to tighten their belts while ensuring they have sufficient resources to ride out the economic challenges and emerge strong:
- balancing the economics of customer experience
- understanding the economic curve
- removing siloed thinking and processes to make business decisions quickly and effectively
- investing in brand positioning and the right marketing initiatives during disruption
- seeing sales strategies through the buyer’s eyes
- aiming for intentional and fact-based customer service.