Read the reprinted article below from the January-March edition of the magazine for their answers to:
- How would you describe the extent to which digital transformation is reshaping the way supply chains operate? What new digital solutions are you seeing in this space?
- What benefits may companies derive from digitally transforming their supply chain functions?
- What steps should companies take to evaluate their existing supply chain, in order to determine what aspects could be optimized?
- Given its complex and expansive nature, what practical strategies should companies deploy when embarking on a digital transformation process for their supply chain operations? What factors underpin success?
- What examples do you have of digital projects that have significantly transformed supply chains across the globe? What lessons can compainies learn from how digital strategies were rolled out to effect change?
- How important is it to ensure that the right people are tasked with overseeeing digital transformation and driving the process forward? What advice can you offer on assigning roles and responsibilities?
- How important is it for companies to identify, manage and mitigate risks associated with digital transformation? How should they go about this?
- Looking ahead, do you expect more companies to pursue a digital transformation process to optimize their supply chain? What are the potential consequences for those that fail to do so?