Joint research from KPMG Global Advisory and HfS Research
The outsourcing and shared services market has been in a seemingly endless state of flux – with the current market more muddled than ever before, organizations struggling to cope with competing priorities, and confusion on the best timing and methods to exploit technologies, like process automation and evolving service delivery models.
Review the findings to gain insight on these topics:
- changes to organizational operating and service delivery models
- investments and directives driving operational change
- use of shared services, outsourcing, global business services, and the impact of automation on offshoring on these service delivery models
- the maturity of business operating models linked to the use of alternative service delivery models and emerging technologies
- adoption levels, challenges, and opportunities related to process and cognitive automation
- the effectiveness of outsourcing, above and beyond delivering cost savings, and impact on service provider selection
- stakeholders’ current view on service providers and future expectations
- organizational and operational talent challenges, shortages, and solutions including automation.