KPMG's global insight pulse surveys, conducted since 2004, are forward looking and focus on identifying and interpreting key market conditions, characteristics and best practices in end-user organizations' usage of shared services, outsourcing and third-party business and IT services across many business functional areas. Focus areas include:
- drivers and goals sought in the use of third-party services
- types of change efforts undertaken to improve global service delivery capabilities and key success factors
- user demand and buying patterns
- vertical and functional demand trends
- global sourcing trends and locations
- deal terms and conditions
- shared services and outsourcing governance and management
- enterprise software systems deployment and management
- cloud computing and automation initiatives
- sales cycles and deal scope for third-party services
- pricing and profitability
- special topics by survey and market conditions, including deep dives into specific functional and regional global business services trends.
Depending on the focus of a particular pulse survey, we invite one or more of the following groups to participate:
- KPMG senior professionals in the field working with buyers that are actively managing global business services initiatives involving shared services operations or with third-party business and IT service providers and outsourcers as well as in other areas such as cloud computing
- executives at leading global business, IT and cloud service providers
- partners and other senior members of law firms that advise buyers on their global business services efforts.
Read our latest reports below.